New Hive installed, no hot water.

If I read this correctly, does the first cable on the left go to the boiler, and the far cable on the right go to a 3 way valve?
It works the opposite way to that. The first cable on the left goes to the 3 way valve and the far cable on the right goes to the boiler in our attic.

Sponsored Links
It works the opposite way to that. The first cable on the left goes to the 3 way valve and the far cable on the right goes to the boiler in our attic.
I've had a quick trace out of the wiring centre, and compared it to the diagram; everything appears (to me!) as if it *should work.

The wiring of the Hive would be that in photo one.

...and I don't know what the 4th and 5th cables do! They only seem to be connected to each other in the wiring centre. :)

Edit:
*, Probably should say, it 'could' work - not withstanding any other wiring mix ups!

Last edited:
Thank you for all your help! Still no hot water. I plan to watch over the Hive engineer when they next come out…

Reporting back - we fixed it ourselves! Had a lovely hot shower this morning. We basically switched the wires going into 1 and 4 as shown in Photo 4 and put it in gravity mode. Voila.
Also getting a £50 refund for a job half done from Hive

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back