Ideal 30 changing hive dual to hive single

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,
I have a dual channel hive installed (it was previous owners) my sparks got it working with the hive thermo even though I had the hot water tank removed . Now I’m trying to Install a hive single channel but can’t get it to work .. any insight would be much appreciated
Here is a pic of my current backplate wiring with the dual channel

79C3A585-0D61-4AD6-ACFC-F59D81AA0A28.jpeg

dreds

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for the reply ,
I have a dual and want to change to a single
Thanks
Dreds

Now I’m trying to Install a hive single channel but can’t get it to work .. any insight would be much appreciated

Loads of insight there, but not much appreciation.

No one is going to tell you to 'take wire a and insert into terminal b'. If you are not competant then I suggest you show this page to someone who is, and it will make sense to them.

Sponsored Links
Hi ,
Thanks for the reply ..
I have tried putting the wire in connected in 4 into 1 and 3 the hive works but boiler screen says Timer off no stat connected , and when I try and use the hive thermostat to turn on the boiler , it turn the light on but doesn’t fire the boiler up
I’ve seen posts a bout this and tried a few combinations with no avail ..
in the photo black is in 4 , I also have another black wire that’s not used in the dual setup ..
ive read a few posts before i posted here and tried some combinations but as I said still can’t get the boiler to fire up ,
Just a bit lost that’s why I posted here ,
I’ve also tried the other black you can’t see in 1 and 3 and reversed them so it’s 3 and 1 but still can’t power boiler on and screen of boiler says “ timer off no stat “

Thank you

dreds

Hi again ,
Apologies to @Swwils it was late and I just looked at the photo I should have read the post you tagged , my bad .
So on reading , is the connection on 4 my common and if so does it go to terminal 1 ?
I have a 4th wire which is black also ?
I’m a bit confused as I tried the wire in terminal 4 in 1 and bridged the live to 1 which just makes the boiler perm on ..
with no hive control for on/off ?
Would I need to put the not connected wire in 3 and bridge 1 and 3 ?
I’d rather get some advice before attempting this
Thank you

Dreds

Hi @bernardgreen , thanks for the reply
So I need put the wire that’s currently in 4 in 1 and bridge to 2 ?
Thank you

dreds

Terminal 1 ( Common ) needs to be linked to LIVE

The Black wire needs to be connected to Terminal 3 ( Central Heating ON )

For clarity
NO = Normally Open contact ( closes when heating is required, terminal 1 is then connected to terminal 3 )
NC = Normally Closed contact ( closes when heating is not required, terminal 1 is then connected to terminal 2 )

Hi ,
Me again @bernardgreen thank you so much !!! You are an absolute legend .. I’ve tried so many combos except that one which turns out to be the right one lol

Thank you again

just to confirm is this correct ?

9A07921A-7B1A-4AE2-9DDA-5261DBF38FC5.jpeg

Thank you

dreds

That is correct ( has to be as it is working )

One minor point, as the Black wire is a Switched Live it should have a Brown sleeve to indicate that it is a Live wire.

Hi @bernardgreen .. thanks again ..
ok I will label it up as a switched live

thank you soooo much your an absolute legend again !!!!

thank you

dreds

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back