Installing Hive Dual channel replacing centraplus c11

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hey everyone, I've just ordered a dual channel hive thermostat and my current wiring looks like this
IMG_1279.jpg

On the hive website this is what a dual channel install looks like
1653762201245.png

In order for it to work would i need to fill 1 and 3 or would it just work off my current install with only 2 and 4 full? I am a complete novice to this and any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
In case it makes a difference my boiler is a Worcester Greenstar 15Ri

i

In case it makes any more sense, you are totally at it, no way would that wiring work anything , look for another site to play the wind up merchant
calm, i’m not the one that wired it. it worked perfectly with my previous timer. just a question lad

Sponsored Links
Do you have two motorised valves in airing cupboard by the pump .
So at present you have no independent control of hw and CH and in summer when your hw is on you have to turn down the room stat to stop heating coming on ?

Do you have two motorised valves in airing cupboard by the pump .
So at present you have no independent control of hw and CH and in summer when your hw is on you have to turn down the room stat to stop heating coming on ?
I have a gravity fed with no independent water and heating control. In summer i just close off the radiators

I have a gravity fed with no independent water and heating control. In summer i just close off the radiator
worcester 15ri would not be working on a gravity system your system is fully pumped without any controls you would be better spending the money on upgrading the system properly

Thought i had a gravity based on me having a separate cold and hot water tank. In that case would i be better off replacing the dual channel hive into a single channel or somehow wire it in?
worcester 15ri would not be working on a gravity system your system is fully pumped without any controls you would be better spending the money on upgrading the system properly

Thought i had a gravity based on me having a separate cold and hot water tank. In that case would i be better off replacing the dual channel hive into a single channel or somehow wire it in?
yep change it for single channel but as i said money would be better spent upgrading system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back