Hive - Multizone polypipe wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Purchased the hive system and ready to install simple 4 wire for the main heating and water replacing LP522 and read this

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...-replacing-lifestyle-lp522-programmer.447568/

Have a Honeywell thermostat dt90 and only 2 wires in A and B (L and N) assuming these need to be connected together ?

But am stuck on the multizone wiring.

I have polypipe underfloor heating and thermostat - PB1ZM looking at the wiring not sure how to connect this up to the additional receiver

http://www.polypipe.com/sites/default/files/Room_Thermostat_Installation_Instructions_Issue_1.2.pdf

Am I right in in assuming 1 is common and in there case 4 call for heat goes to 3 in hive heating in and then just connect neutral and live of the same PB1ZM ?

thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Have a Honeywell thermostat dt90 and only 2 wires in A and B (L and N) assuming these need to be connected together?
The wires presently in terminals A and B of the DT90 are indeed the switching wires. They will be a 'Live' and a 'Switched Live' (Not L and N) and should be connected together to allow the Honeywell to be bypassed and the Hive to take over control.

Whilst the switching wires should be connected together, I am slightly concerned that you refer to them as a Live and Neutral, as you would never connect a L and N together = BANG!

I have polypipe underfloor heating and thermostat - PB1ZM looking at the wiring not sure how to connect this up to the additional receiver
Am I right in in assuming 1 is common and in there case 4 call for heat goes to 3 in hive heating in and then just connect neutral and live of the same PB1ZM ?

The instructions that you post a link to show that the PB1ZM switching terminals are 1 (Common) and 4 (Call for Heat). Which as you have figured out, correspond to the Hive 1 (Common) and 3 (Heating on)

You will need a L and N for the Hive receiver to power it. So, if you already have them available at the PB1ZM, then you can use them. The PB1ZM manual states that it doesn't need a live and neutral supply, and that the L & N terminals are only provided for "parking unused wires" so they may not actually be present. If they are, you are fortunate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back