Hive oil boiler wiring help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks im looking to wire a hive thermostat into my existing firebird condensing oil boiler i'm having trouble figuring out where the HC/AND NO hot water on/off Boiler on off wires connect to my Firebird boiler as there does not seem to be any connections for this....any help would be great.......

firebird.jpg

Hive 2 wiring.jpg

Sponsored Links
Assuming this is a combi boiler (you haven't said) then...
Permanent Live to Permanent Live
Permanent Neutral to Permanent Neutral
Earth to Earth
Heating on (Terminal 4) to Timed Switch Live

Couldn't be easier!

If it's not a combi and you have a hot water cylinder, you need to wire your Hive into the main wiring centre (normally next to the hot water cylinder) and not your boiler

Hi thx for the reply i'm not sure the boiler is a 2 year old Firebird silver 26kw condensing boiler not sure if it has HW and CH system what is the easiest way to tell ?

Sponsored Links
Hi yes i have a hot water tank looks like a gravity fed system i have a tank in the loft an another smaller one in the loft for the heating,my old boiler is about 20 years old but the timer had funtions for hot water and heating seperate.......hope i didn't buy the wrong boiler lol

the timer is located inside the house it had seperate controls for HW and CH

Hive reciever needs to replace the timer inside the house then. Don't need to touch the boiler. Take it off and see if the backplate is the same, might be a straight swap if you're lucky.

Do you have an S-plan or Y-plan system?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back