Hive or other upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Just joined this forum and am looking to upgrade to smart controls I have been looking at hive but any recommendations would be helpful,although I say it myself I am fairly handy and I installed my central heating system about 10 years ago although I was not able to fit the oil boiler as I am not oftec trained, but I could have done a better job,we had a wireless thermostat fitted a while ago but it is rubbish keeps losing it's connection,if it's on when connection fails it won't turn off and and if off will not turn on.
Thanks Dell

Sponsored Links
I have Hive and its great. You can also add plugs, lights, motion sensors, door sensors etc. You can also move the stat around to suit your need and location in the house which is very useful.

Thanks for your reply
Well I have ordered a hive kit,just to get it sorted in my head,the receiver replaces the old programmer (Drayton LP522) and the thermostat is the programmer and the thermostat.
Dell

Well collected hive kit today.
In the instructions it said site receiver close to boiler but as it's just replacing my Drayton LP522 programmer that is in the hall,I can't see why I can't site it in the hall 5 metres to hub and 3 metres to thermostat, and with the light on if anyone looks through the front door window they will think we have an alarm as they will see a light,if anyone has a reason for it to be closer to boiler please let me know.
It looks like the job will be just a straight swap I think I can just remove old programmer and fit the receiver to old backing.
If this is not correct someone please me know.
Thanks Dell

Sponsored Links
Well installed the hive but when I switched on I press button for hot water on every thing works fine but when I press button for c/h nothing but if I set receiver to gravity it works.
BUT I HAVE PUMPED SYSTEM ie Y plan pressurised 3 position valve system.
The only thing is I have a wire in number 1
Anyone got any suggestions?
Thanks in advance Dell
Edit I forgot to say that I removed the old receiver from the wiring centre but nothing else.

Last edited:
Solved
What a bloody idiot I am,i forgot removing old receiver would just leave the thing open circuit because after all the old receiver is just a posh switch so I had to link the two switching wires together.
Set it back to Pumped ie green light all seems to be working.
Dell

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back