Hive receiver wiring, please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all, newbie here. I have a Worcester Greenstar 30i combi boiler with wireless thermostat and I’m changing it for the hive active heating. I’m trying to figure out how to wire up the new receiver - can someone please advise? The old receiver has N L L A B C which doesn’t correspond to the new Hive unit. Photo attached I think!! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• B8CE4C78-CC81-44F8-92FE-6A5C6C599613.jpeg
    B8CE4C78-CC81-44F8-92FE-6A5C6C599613.jpeg
    230 KB · Views: 143
Sponsored Links
That’s why I said it goes into number 3 not earth

Sponsored Links
If it was a earth, I would have said put in the earth terminal. Pretty easy to understand. Most people in here aren’t going to know what a switch live or common is.

Most people in here aren’t going to know what a switch live or common is.

Which is one of the many reasons why information given here should be clear and concise and without any ambiguity. And if only an opinion should be marked as being an opinion

At least that is my opinion.

I’m trying to figure out how to wire up the new receiver - can someone please advise?

Assuming that you have the single channel version of the Hive as below: [The terminals of the dual channel version of the receiver look the same, but have different functions]

hive.jpg

N and L are a straight forward swap over from the BDR91 to the Hive like for like.

The existing white wire link goes between Hive (L) and Hive common (1)

The green/yellow wire with the brown sleeve on goes to Hive Heating on (3)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back