Hive Thermostat/ App Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a new boiler, Hive heating hub, receiver & thermostat installed 2 1/2 years ago. My Mum had a new boiler, Hive thermostat & receiver installed during the summer, but not a hub. I installed that for her a few weeks ago so that I could control her heating from a distance.

On both my Android and iPad apps I have both systems showing. However, in Manage Devices my Mum’s Thermostat shows Geolocatiom, Ready By and Holiday Mode, whereas my system doesn’t have those options. I contacted Hive and they advised it was because mine had been installed by British Gas, but I advised them that so was hers!

Her Thermostat has a mirror finish and ours has a white surround with the BG logo on it. Apart from that, both have exactly the same style (dial in middle, boost button on top, return, menu and tick buttons on lower area) and operate exactly the same. Hive then said it was because my Thermostat, although identical to operate, was an older one. The two Thermostats have different firmware versions, but the receivers & hubs have the same versions as each other. My Mum’s Thermostat is Version 05060212 and ours is 03060304.

Hive then said it wasn’t possible for me to update the software on my Thermostat and if I wanted these options I'd need to buy a new one. Fat chance! Last night I discovered that there is also a webpage version that I could control the two systems on. When I used it to go in to the Manage Devices on our system I found that our Thermostat had, surprise surprise, both Holiday Mode and Ready By.

So my question is this. Is it possible to have the software on my Thermostat updated in any way, so that these options are also available to control via my Android phone and/ or iPad apps? If so, how do I do it?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back