Hive View Outdoor Camera

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Guys,

Has anyone fitted the above?

I'm interested in fitted the above but I was wondering if anyone has first hand experience. They seem to be pretty expensive for what they are but since I have already bought in to the Hive eco system - this product makes sense.

Anyway, I will be fitting one of these within the next few weeks so watch this space!

Many thanks,

Lloyd

Sponsored Links
How’d you get on with this?

I’ve got the hive view and thermostat but for outside I’d be tempted to go for a stand-alone camera system recording to a drive that isn’t dependant on WiFi.

If you WiFi goes down or a savvy intruder cuts you broadband cable your cameras are useless.

Same with a house alarm - I don’t believe WiFi dependant alarms are a good bet.

Sponsored Links
Hi
I have hive outdoor camera. It's on a magnetic mount, so has to be out of arms reach. This kind of defeats the object as you can't see faces if head of someone is tilted. Motion tracking works well on it, detecting people. Regards to recording, you get 24 hrs history for free.
IMO it's nowhere near a security camera, more so a device to monitor proceedings rather than for protection.
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back