British Gas Hive Active Heating

Sponsored Links
disappointed to see they haven't increased the set times from 4 to 5

Is that per day? Is there a limit to the number of on/offs in total?

There are no on/offs, just temp changes. My lifestyle demands 5 temp changes a day, particularly as you can't extend the sleep time temp change past midnight......well not on my version anyway.

It's pay day.

So i have confirmed that the current version of Hive is wireless (thermostat to receiver) so i don't need a socket next to boiler, so I have ordered Hive.

Will post back with the results/experience at some point in the future.

Sponsored Links
It doesn't suit some but to some it's a godsend, I saw one recently where an elderly ladies daughter had one installed for her mother. She now doesn't need to go round 3 times a day to check and set her heating in cold weather. She said it's a good thing.
I use mine most days to turn it down after the kids have gone out or in bed in the morning or on my way home etc.
I think it will be more useful as it continues to evolve and links to smart meters and other home automotion.

What can be bad about switching your heating on as you leave work. I only have a timer on my combi and its in the basement. I'm getting hive for £150. How much would it cost to get a timer and thermostat fitted in my hall.

I currently have the timer set to 6am even tho sometimes my wife starts work later. As I am night shift, I can set it to go on 30 mins before she starts (while im still at work), so not wasting money. If the house is too hot, I can get my phone out lower the temp.

I can see many benefits from Hive. I'll report back when its installed.

Gary.

Judging by your signature you may prefer nest, it was designed by one of the original iPod designers, Tony Faddel

nest-thermostat-uk-2014-22.jpg

Hive is great till it packs up and leaves you without heating or hot water for 3 days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back