Hive wiring question ( another one)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently moved into a house with a ravenheat combi boiler with built in programmer/ timer and no thermostat installed.

Ended up buying a hive on offer at £55 from screwfix the other day.

In the process of fitting it and was wondering where on the control panel of the boiler.

The current room stat connection isn't a loop like I was expecting. it's currently blank.

The other way I see it is the 2 wires for the timer get removed and replaced with the hive control wires.

Just checking which if any of these is right? and if they are wrong could someone point me in the correct direction .

Sponsored Links
Another Hive wiring question...another thread where the poster assumes we have crystal balls and can tell what model his boiler is just from the make!

Muggles, no assumption of crystal balls whatsoever ( although if you have got one I'd be interested to know when it's likely the plumber I rang last week who was going to cap my gas fire off on his way home one night is actually going to turn up, next week's lottery numbers wouldn't go amiss either)

Honest answer i don't know, there's no manual for it, the stickers that were on it are long since gone. it's got a service label from 2013 on the case)

I believe it to be a ravenheat csi 85t from studying ravenheat manuals. but I can't be sure. Although the wiring diagrams for each model seem very similar.

as I say was expecting to see a loop in the room stat connections but it's been left open circuit. but CH still works fine just doesn't turn itself off when the house is up to temp.

I didn't particularly want/ need a hive just when a wireless room stat was as expensive as a hive it seemed foolish not to get it. ( if only for the fact I can turn the heating off when I'm at the pub and the missus is home )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back