Replacing Hortsmann Centaurplus C11 with Hive

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by PJE76, 23 Nov 2020.

1. PJE76

PJE76

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Good evening,

I'm planning to replace my hortsmann centaurplus C11 with a hive thermostat. It seems like a simple swap, but I just wanted to check that I wasn't completely misunderstanding the wiring.

Below is a picture of my current wiring and the wiring diagram for the programmer. It is connected up to a combi boiler (no hot water tank) where the heating can be controlled by a timer and the hot water is made when the taps are turned on.

Hortsmann wiring.jpeg Hortsmann wiring.PNG

And here is the wiring diagram for hive

Hive wiring.PNG
    From my research, I think I just need to swap the wire from 2 on my current programmer to wire 1 (common) on hive. I then swap wire 4 on my current programmer to wire 3 (heating on) on hive. Is this correct or am I oversimplifying things?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Sponsored Links
  3. denso13

denso13

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes, that's correct.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local