Hiw to connect DVD player to sky or tv remote?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've lost my DVD remote and trying to connect it to a SKY remote or even the remote to my hisense 40A4BGTUK remote.
Very frustrating that I can't fast forward or go back. Must be someway of doing it without having to send off for a new remote.
Would appreciate any help thanks

Sponsored Links
Can I just buy a universal remote which will work with a DVD player?

Sponsored Links
Have you got these options available and operating on your TV?

Screenshot_20231017-225323_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Connected Equipment Control, may be able to control a modern DVD player, through the TV remote, if it's connected through an HDMI cable.

I've lost my DVD remote
But really! It must be there somewhere, have you tried down the back of the settee? ;)

The guys here are correct, a replacement remote is the best answer. It doesn't need to be the original manufacturer part. There are plenty of good duplicate remotes available.

One of the One4All universal remotes will probably do, but check that it has all the button options you need for all the functions.

It's too late to connect your DVD player via HDMI CEC. You would need the player remote in order to set up CEC so you can use the TV remote as an alternative, but you've lost the player remote so you can't set this up. Catch 22.

Besides, the TV remote doesn't look like it offers comprehensive controls for DVD/Blu-ray playback. Thatbthen puts you back in the position of "find/replace the original remote"

Screenshot_20231018_154034_Firefox.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back