sky on bedroom television

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have sky HD box connected to my main TV. I have 3 TV upstairs all different ages and different types. Tv 1 upstairs is a cheap one I bought from Asda about 4 yrs ago its not a digital tv so i can only watch sky on it. I have a magic eye connected to it and it tunes to sky through channel 7.
Tv 2 upstairs is a Logik tv this is digital and has a button on the remote that is TV/DTV which gives you the option to switch to the old analogue sys and tunes to sky on channel 36.
TV3 upstairs is a LG internet ready TV it has no button on the remote so I cant find away of tuning into sky on this TV. Im sure there must be a way of doing it! I also want to replace TV 1 but if I cant tune into sky its probably not worth it!!
The RF out from the sky box runs up into the loft into an SLX4B 4 way aerial amplifier with intergrated bypass then each Tv runs out of one of the 4 ports on the SLX4B

please help!

Sponsored Links
Try the AV button. See if it brings up a list of the HDMI, AV and TV tuner inputs. It may be that both digtal and analogue are listed there.

If not, then prepare yourself for the fact that not all TVs include an analogue tuner any more. This is especially the case with smaller TVs. The manufacturers are looking for ways to cut costs so there's a lot of features now dropped from budget TVs: No more audio out. Fewer analogue connections (SCART, AV AUX etc). No more S-Video. Few with headphone sockets. Fewer with Optical output. And now fewer with an analogue tuner. :cry:

What is the model number of the LG Smart TV? (Label on back). You can download user guides from the LG website.

Also, you may find you have to go into the tuning menu & do an auto rescan for analogue & digital channels if only digital ones were scanned on installation.

Sponsored Links
as an aside

you can buy digital tuners for analouge tvs for about £20 as long as you still have the roof top aerial or good indoor aerial

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back