Hob & Gas Fire Not Working Properly When Heating Comes O

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lately, when the heating has fired up the kitchen hob and gas fire only work at 50%. I have a 5 year old Worcester Bosch combi boiler that hasnt been serviced yet! Would the boiler have something to do with my problem and if so what would be the cause and would a service solve the problem?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a problem with your gas pressure or blockage in gas pipes. Call a gas safe plumber to investigate.

Or even Transco to check the regulator on your gas meter.

Had exactly the same prob with my combi boiler a few years ago, plus tepid hot water. Transco turned up within 15 mins of ringing and sorted it out in another 15. No charge, as it was their equipment at fault.

Or even Transco to check the regulator on your gas meter.

Had exactly the same prob with my combi boiler a few years ago, plus tepid hot water. Transco turned up within 15 mins of ringing and sorted it out in another 15. No charge, as it was their equipment at fault.

Called Southern Gas Supplies on the Emergency number, an engineer was at my house within 45 minutes, fitted a new regulator, he said that 'they all go' and that they had to replace them as standard whether they've packed up or not. Job done and most importantly free of charge! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Not having your boiler serviced meant that the warratee was voided after the first year.

Surely you know that boilers should be serviced regularly to ensure they are safe and operating at the best efficiency?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back