Hole around gas pipe

Sponsored Links
Well given this situation is adding corrosion protection to a pipe that has no sleeve at that point, to protect it against corrosion prior to mortar, rather than ensuring any escape does not enter the cavity or space.
In this instance, if it's a toss up between just taping the pipe and split sleeving and then taping I think the regs would favour the latter, short of removing the pipe and re-doing it IMO.

Thanks. I do have some plastic pipe to hand so I might try that first.

But two wrongs don't make a right and at some time in the future a new owner might expect the sleeve to serve the purpose defined by the regulations.

That said, common sense dictates and a non-compliant sleeve to prevent corrosion is better than no protection.

Sponsored Links
looks to be sleeved in the gas meter side and the sleeve has been butted against the iron elbow. I know its iron pipe but the pipe in the picture looks the same O.D as the the fitting O.D can you get a side on photo.

FFS are we trying to confuse here !!! Get some denzo and wrap around the pipe you can get to, then use a stick to pack it as much as possible. Wraps and seals at the same time.

The answer to ACS questions for several years has been "petroleum jelly tape" rather than Denso which is a brand name.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back