Hole cutter extension bar to cut hole in 110mm soil pipe.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to cut a ~56mm hole into a 110mm soil pipe, but need a drill extension (about 300mm ) to reach the pipe. Can anyone recommend products to do this?

Dave

Sponsored Links
The reason I ask is because I have bought a 56mm hole cutter, but the only arbour I could find for it has a wide (1/4"?) shank (not sure I'm using correct terminology, but the bit that gets tightened into the drill chuck) and I can only find extensions which fit the small size. I can find hole cutters which use a small arbour but they all seem to go from 51mm to 61mm and can't find one that's 56mm (ideally I need 54mm) with a small size arbour.

One of these..

jpg

12" extension shank...
Have three of these in my tool kit

One of these..

jpg

12" extension shank...
Have three of these in my tool kit

Thanks, looks reasonable - do you have link to one so I can check out the details? How does the hole cutter shank get secured, does it just rest in there? the one I have at the moment has allen key grub screws to secure it but only accepts a small diameter 'shank'?

Sponsored Links
Sort of begs the question; if you need an extension that long are you going to get into the pipe to fit the boss?

It's a boxed in internal soil pipe on the inside of an exterior wall. Having removed some plasterboard, I have good access to the part of the pipe facing the room, and enough space to wrap a boss around it and apply solvent weld to the part of the pipe facing the exterior wall, but obviously not enough to cut a hole through it. I'll have to do that through the exterior wall, hence the need for the extension.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back