hole in fibreglass bath

Sponsored Links
you must be able to repair it with a fibreglass patch for a boat etc, but not sure how it will look

Sponsored Links
Thanks

Fastglass Glass Fibre Kit (JNR) Cat code: 711309-0

Is that the kind of thing I'm after then

was thinking of using the cramer repair kit for the face of the bath so looks neat. Then the fibre glass repair kit for underneath to add stregth

You could repair the bath with a fibre glass kit, but do it from underneath the bath that way it will be waterproof. Than you could get a bath repair kit to make it look 'nice' on the bath side.

Andy

How many sheets of fibre glass and resin would you recomend using from underneath the bath?

You can build up various 'sheets' of fibre glass. As long as you make sure that you cover the fibre glass that you have placed on the bath with resin.

It tells you in the instructions that you need to over lap the 'sheet' of fibre glass.

The resin makes it water proof, the fibre glass olds it altogether.

Andy

be over lapping do you mean making each sheet of fibre glass I add a bit bigger then the last? Have read the instructions sounds ok I just wonder how many layers to add to make as strong as possible

Once the resin has gone hard. It will be solid.
This will last longer than the rest of the bath.

What you can do is a test piece on a match box or even a plastic water bottle. Cut a hole in a plastic bottle then make a repair and test it the following morning.

Andy

fiberglass behind
car body fill inside
sand flat & polish
airbrush with 2 pac car paint
(white with a touch of yellow ochre and a touch of black)
blend out the edges of the spray with thinners.
allow 2 days to go off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back