Hole in outside pipe coming from kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I'd like to replace a piece of outside pipe myself if possible (not a plumber, but figure I should be able to manage this myself). I've attached a few images of the pipe.

Just wondering how you actually take off this corner piece of piping
- do i need to dig more around the pipe?
- do I need to cut it out with a saw?
- can i unscrew it at those black rims?

The pipe itself is coming from the Kitchen (the white wall in the image is the kitchen wall). The old green door is the garage door and the pipe is going under the concrete garage floor. There's no manhole on my property, although my neighbours on both sides do have one.

IMG_1082.JPG IMG_1081.JPG IMG_1083.JPG

Some advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
John

Sponsored Links
Dig around the pipe a lot more, including up the straight sections so there is some more wiggle room, also remove the wood thats near it to give you more room.
You may be able to pull it off.
A replacement should be available at your nearest plumbing centre/DIY store/screwfix etc.

Someone else here can confirm if this will do the job?
https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-sp561-92-5-bend-double-socket-black-110mm/68796

Get the replacement part "before" you do anything else, you don't want that corner to be off too long if it's connected to the house toilet. :)

its not connected to the toilet thankfully, just to kitchen wastewater (sink/dishwasher/washing machine).

thanks for advice.

Then if you can take it off you can take it to get a matching replacement :)

Sponsored Links
I think it'll be a bastinado to get the bend out and another in - I'd either put a bit of DPC over the hole and concrete over - or cut the hole bigger/neater and make an inspection cover over it(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back