Heat from 22 mm central hearing pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello
I have a utility area with 22mm central heating pipes going into the kitchen from the garage ( where the boiler is ). The pipes go from the garage horizontally and above door height through the utility area through another wall into the kitchen. Problem is the utility area is cold ( no Radiator and no space for one ?). Is there a way I can use this heat from the pipes to warm the room up. No room for a radiator or electric heater. Any advice please.
Ta.

Sponsored Links
I hope your hearing pipes heal soon.
As for getting heat into your utility area, it depends on where your system pump is located.
If it's inside the boiler, or in the garage then a solution might be to install a kickspace type heater on the wall, blowing downwards.

I hope your hearing pipes heal soon.
As for getting heat into your utility area, it depends on where your system pump is located.
If it's inside the boiler, or in the garage then a solution might be to install a kickspace type heater on the wall, blowing downwards.
It is a combi boiler in the garage

Sponsored Links
"Finned tube heaters" are a thing - although they can be expensive and are not commonplace.

It is a combi boiler in the garage
Then you have a possible solution; have a kickspace heater installed on the wall of the utility room, blowing downwards. It will only blow when the heating is on, because a temperature switch inside only starts the blower when the water temperature inside it gets above 50C or thereabouts.

But.. it's a utility. You go in, put the dryer on, come out..

Spend your hard earned on heating the space you Netflix and chill in, surely? World's moved since the days that watching the washer go round was more interesting than any of the 4 channels..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back