Hole in wall down to the breeze block, how to fill up hole?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had the old central-heating apparatus all removed but it's left holes in the wall down to the breeze block level. Does it need cementing over or would polyfilla do the job? The square hole at the bottom is an old central-hating vent that goes right through the wall, i'm not concerned about that one yet.

Attachments

• 20221206_193712[1].jpg
    20221206_193712[1].jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 73
  • BREEZE BLOCK.jpg
    BREEZE BLOCK.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 67
Sponsored Links
chip out all the loose making it bigger then fill with easi fill in a few layers

dont use polyfilla

I would go for Toupret TX110. It is a "rapid" set.

It will only require one fill and if applied in the morning, should be ready to sand by the afternoon.

Sponsored Links
I would go for Toupret TX110. It is a "rapid" set.

It will only require one fill and if applied in the morning, should be ready to sand by the afternoon.

So compared to Easifill this is high-speed hardening?

So compared to Easifill this is high-speed hardening?

It will harden much faster, not instantly, but it has cement in it which means that it doesn't rely solely on evaporation. Easifill only cures through evaporation. If for example you were to fill a 30mm deep (and wide) hole with easifill, it would probably take in excess of a week to cure, the TX100 might be sandable after 30 hours. To be fair, neither product is designed to fill such deep holes.

If I am faced with such holes that I need to deal with ASAP, I use two pack fillers. The deeper the hole, the more heat that they generate and the faster they harden. I could sand something that deep after about 20 minutes. 2 pack fillers (think: car bodywork fillers) are however more expensive and harder to sand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back