Holed radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have noticed one of my upstairs radiators has a small leak - like a spurt (quite forecful) but not at a major folw rate. It looks a bit of an old rusty radiator. I have a large bucket angled so catching the water and it is only filling very slowly.

Can I use an external leak sealer on the radiator hole where the leak is coming from to stop it for a short period of time, and remove it tomorrow? or is it best to remove it now? i have a leak sealer in my garage.

Sponsored Links
shut both the rad valves off that will stop it for now.
and drain the rad.

Hi, You need a corrosion inhibitor added to your system, Dis-similar metals present in all systems cause Electrolisis hence pinholes in rads. Get some in system quick if its not too late. Hut27

Hi, You need a corrosion inhibitor added to your system, Dis-similar metals present in all systems cause Electrolisis hence pinholes in rads. Get some in system quick if its not too late. Hut27
It`s leaking i`d say it`s to late for at least one of those rads :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back