Holes around shower in tiles - how to fill and waterproof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been a little liberal in the size of my core bit while chasing in the shower cable. I'm thinking I'll have to find some sort of aluminium plate i can stick behind the shower to match its face unless there's something else I can try. Tiles are ceramic.

Attachments

• IMG_20240122_225258.jpg
    IMG_20240122_225258.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20240122_225306.jpg
    IMG_20240122_225306.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20240122_225320.jpg
    IMG_20240122_225320.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 38
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You can get powder coated aluminium plates any colour you want cut to suit, or there are composite boards cut to suit, some will put radii on the external corners etc.

You can get powder coated aluminium plates any colour you want cut to suit, or there are composite boards cut to suit, some will put radii on the external corners etc.
Yeah I think this is the best option. Gonna see if I can get one the same colour/texture as my shower panel interface.

Remount the shower a little lower and silicone the top and sides. You don't need to/shouldn't seal the bottom anyway and a hole in the location you have it isn't going to admit water from splashing, only from making conscious effort to training the stream on it (which no sane person would do, surely..). You'll probably also find the decorative front cover for the shower further covers the hole..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back