filling screw holes in tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Seeking brilliant ideas for filling in screw holes in white bathroom tiles after an old shower was removed, the new one having to be fitted in a slightly different position due to the pipe entry points in the shower unit.

My usual method of using white silicone hasn't done the job, and a bit of browsing has pointed towards using P38 body filler, flattening then sanding and applying white paint. I did think maybe there were caps you could buy to fill in screw holes, but nobody is suggesting these as an option so maybe they wouldn't look so good.

There's the option of sticking transfers on the damaged tiles, but they could easily look rubbish. The existing tiles are 150mm square and have a dimpled surface and a slightly off white finish, so I can't swap them for bog standard flat white tiles. They were bought from Focus DIY which no longer exists.

Any other constructive ideas for filling these holes welcome, thanks.

Sponsored Links
That’s a possibility, yes. Might have some ancient fix n grout in my rotting shed.

I would go for the screw caps.

Unless you could put some hooks on the wall - for shower cap, soap, whatever, whatever...

Sponsored Links
Thanks both for your additional suggestions.

I put grout in the holes last night, and it looked OK under artificial light. Once I've seen the results in daylight I'll decide whether I need to try something else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back