Replacements for bumpy white tiles..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know whether it's possible to buy 150mm square bumpy wall tiles in off-white (not cream)?

I need replacements for broken tiles in a bathroom, and the only ones I've found so far are much "whiter" than the ones I have.

Maybe the existing tiles were once white, but have faded due to age (they were here when we moved in). Or maybe they were off white from new; I just don't know.

A Google search has come up with nothing suitable, so chances are there's no such thing unless someone here knows better.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Maybe the existing tiles were once white, but have faded due to age
Problem is, there are many shades of 'white', as your dentist would tell you, and different manufacturers use different glazes. Going by a photo on the Internet is very hit and miss.
Have the tiles crazed at all with age? If so, any new replacement tile is likely to be very noticeable. Perhaps replace the lot?

No, there's no crazing, and to completely retile the bathroom would be beyond the pale when there are only a handful that require replacement. I managed to contact the previous owners of the house and they tell me the tiles came from a branch of the old Focus DIY chain, so their vintage is obvious.

Having done some further research since posting the above, I can definitely agree with your comment about the many shades of white; and I think my best course of action might be to get inventive and hide the broken ones rather than waste time trying to match them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back