Holes at side of CU

Joined
2 Jul 2022
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Country
United Kingdom
Same EICR as last post.

The CU has been marked as C2 due to a few holes that are larger than the regs. The holes are on the left side of the CU. The left side of the board isn't easy accessed and it would be very difficult to get fingers in anyway!

Can I put something (conduit?) in front of where they are to prevent access or do they need to be fully sealed? If so is intumescent silicon ok? I don't want to change the board.

Thanks

​

img_1580_d3da2.jpg
 
Just preventing access would suffice, but from what you describe and looking at the pic. someone has been a little over enthusiastic as far as I am concerned.
 
Thanks everyone, yes I think they have been very harsh too. Its going to be difficult to get to it to seal let alone get my fingers in!
 
There is a standard finger.
The Standard Finger Probe
    • Dimensions: Testing uses a jointed or rigid test probe measuring 12 mm in diameter and 80 mm in length to simulate accidental access by an adult finger.
    • Specification: Governed internationally by IEC 60529 and adopted in the UK as BS EN 60529.
    • Terminology: The "British standard finger" or "test finger" is the industry-recognized probe used to verify that a human finger cannot touch hazardous live or moving parts inside an enclosure.
I would not think looking at the picture a standard finger could get through the hole and touch a live part. I did have a talk with an HSE inspector when he said the mesh had too wide of holes in it, as a daft manager had demonstrated he could get his fingers in and remove some stones, I said I could not plan for a freak who had undersized fingers. And he agreed, smiling and laughing at the manager.
 
Last edited:

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top