Holes behind skirting board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. This is my first post on here so apologies if this is the wrong forum.
I've removed a fitted wardrobe and discovered the skirting board is missing and the wall has large holes in it. The floor boards only run up to where the skirting boards should be, plus the underfloor pipes are exposed. That's probably as clear as mud so I've attached a photo!
Any ideas of how to deal with this or which trade would be best?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20160411_194840.jpg
    20160411_194840.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 2,010
Sponsored Links
This looks like an internal wall betwee.n two of your upstairs rooms. Correct?

It looks like someone has broken a brick away to run cables etc through to the nand the outside edge of the floor board.ext room. No real need to close up the hole as it will be out of sight when you fit a new piece of skirting board. The new skirting will bridge the gap between the wall plaster

there might be a draught, which will leave dust stains on carpets. You can stuff the hole with mineral wool to blot them.

If there's cable passing through the same gap as hot pipes, separate them to prevent touching, and insulate the pipes. Heat causes cable insulation to degrade. Mineral wool is safe, but not foam plastic.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back