Hollow doors with wider strip around handles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you get any hollow doors with a wider wooden strip around the handle area so I don’t have to use nuts and bolds for securing the handles to the door ?

I bought the doors from selco and the wood strips around the doors are too thin. The older hollow doors on the property have a wider wooden strip around the handle area so it is easier to screw the handles on.

where can I buy some doors like that

Sponsored Links
It will have a lock block inside the door look on top of door for a key symbol that is the lock side

Sure the selco doors say ‘lock’ on the lock side. If you’ve gone through the pine strip you could bond your own lock block in. I do it quite often top and/or bottom when a thicker amout needs to come off and leaves the door hollow.

Sponsored Links
It is the side of the handles that I have already drilled the latch and painted the door!
I can't put a block now but what I am thinking is to make a small 13-14mm hole face on the door near where the handles attach and fill it
with wood filler and small wood pieces to avoid using screws and bolts that go through the door in order to hold the handles secure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back