hollow doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a hollow wooden door on my bathroom. The brass handle came loose on this over a period of time and eventually came off. I screwed this back using raw plugs specifically for hollow doors but after a couple of weeks this has now come very loose again. I'm not sure what I can do now as I don't want to replace the door and the door furniture matches that of all of the other doors in the house so I don't want to replace that either. Any ideas? I've noticed other handles in my house becoming loose as well but obviously the bathroom handle went first as this was the one used the most.

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo simon

if youve tried all the usual like using the next size screw up and padding out the holes your other alternatives are replacing the lock block [not worth it :cry: ]
using different furniture with different hole positions
change the doors!!!

now your grasping at straws like a long nut and bolt betweeen handles if they line up and the lock is not in the way but not at all satisfactory :(

simon, I've found that "Driva" fixings can work well in these situations. ight be wortha try, but they will be the last thing you could try there.

Woody

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back