Home buyers report worth it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would there be a point in getting a home buyers report in these circumstances.

The house in question needs a bit of work and I am aware of that.

Need new double glazing (near future)
Roof will needs replacing (near future)
Heating might need replacing
Electrics also might need replacing
Might be very slight sign of damp on one wall (could just be dirty wall paper), but that’s after no heating for a long winter.
Also needs a full redecoration

I have already got a structural survey done for a crack on the rear wall. And the survey concluded that property does not suffer from subsidence or settlement. Needs a bit of work doing in regard to the crack, but it’s not structural.

Is there anything else a home buyers report can tell me? I mean are there any other hidden problems a property can have, other than the one I already know about?

Sponsored Links
IMO waste of bloody money, there not going to tell you much more than you have seen. again IMO only reason to get one is for the banks approval.

save the money and spend it doing it up, be very realistic about the cost of all materials and work etc when buying.

good luck

Sponsored Links
Thanks Guys.

The plan is to do and bit of work to get it to reasonable standard and rent it out and then fully renovate and sell in few years once (if) the market has recovered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back