Home electric car point - Help Understanding Looped Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
But changes often occur without adequate knowledge of any adverse side effects of making the change.
Very true, but I think what we're discussing here are the opposite of that - with things like smoking and diesel cars, the more recent changes have been an attempt to put right the incorrect beliefs (e.g. that smoking wasn't harmful or that widespread change to diesel cars was desirable) that preceded the changes.

Kind Regards, John

My point is that knowledge advances, new facts are discovered, things change.
Fine. I can "get over it", as you so succinctly put it.
What I find a little harder to "get over" is that those motorists who bought diesel in good faith are now being penalised for driving filthy disgusting killer vehicles.

Sponsored Links
What I find a little harder to "get over" is that those motorists who bought diesel in good faith are now being penalised for driving filthy disgusting killer vehicles.
I can understand your feelings, but I'm not sure what can be done about it.

There are countless examples of things that were once 'done in good faith' without knowledge of the hazards which subsequently emerged, such that those things became deprecated or outlawed - like smoking, consuming opium, working with asbestos or toxic substances, working with X-rays or other radiation, deliberate excessive exposure to sunlight etc. etc. etc.

Having said that, I must say that I don't quite understand how it happened with diesel cars - since one only had to stand with ones nose and lungs next to a busy road for it to become fairly obvious that diesel vehicles were more polluting than petrol ones!

Kind Regards, John

Having said that, I must say that I don't quite understand how it happened with diesel cars - since one only had to stand with ones nose and lungs next to a busy road for it to become fairly obvious that diesel vehicles were more polluting than petrol ones!

Kind Regards, John

Have you sniffed any modern diesel? They're basically odourless.

Have you sniffed any modern diesel? They're basically odourless.
I agree that many are. However, although I used that simple illustration, it's not really about 'sniffing'. It's not that long ago that the encouragement to change to diesel cars happened, so I feel sure that we must have known almost as much about their emissions (factual, not subjective) then as we do now.

Kind Regards, John

But changes often occur without adequate knowledge of any adverse side effects of making the change.
Yes.

And....?

MOD: Thread is off topic.. you know the consequences of that. If you wish to discuss the relative merits or renewable energy, please start a new thread in GD.

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back