(home sick?!) Faulty Hoover Washing Machine since house move

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 2 year old Hoover whisper 1400 washing machine has worked fine until we move house last week, when it was 'plumbed in' by the removals company.

Now when I try to use a full cycle, the washer appears to work fine, but never completes it's cycle - it sits on 1m remaining until I cancel the program. I have tried the quick wash cycle & although this appeared to complete (the screen said 'programme complete - unload the machine'), half of the powder & some of the conditioner is still in the drawer - the clothes appear quite wet still too. There is a cold water inlet only & it is very cold in the outdoor utility room - could the machine be unable to heat the water ??

I did measure the height of the outlet which is 75cm (within the recommended 60-80cm limit's).

I'm scoobied, please help !

Sponsored Links
I'm nearly scoobied but I'm scoby !!
Just a thought, did you put the transit bolts back in before moving ? (You know, the things no-one keeps) If the m/c was tilted "face down" the drum/concrete stabiliser will have hit your controller and most likely bu**ered it up.

If you suspect it may have been damaged by the removal company you must contact them NOW. If left too long you might not have a case, check your agreement conditions.

I am assuming the company had insurance.

If you get it fixed make sure you get a report, and full invoice.

Sponsored Links
When the removals companyplumbed the w/m in, they didn't connect both the hot & cold supplies.

I have added a 'Y' piece to the water pipe and connected the hot & cold hoses to this - w/m works fine (just got a bit of a leak on the 'Y' piece !)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back