Hoover washing machine leaking at the front

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old hoover washing machine which has started to leak at the front, just under the bottom. There doesn't seem to be a leak at the back of the machine and the leak is isolated to the front.

I have checked that there is no leak at the waste pipe as it is a freestanding one, where you push the waste pipe from the washing machine down the pipe. It could be that there is blockage in the waste pipe, but the lack of water coming back up the waste pipe would seem to rule this out.

The detergent in the middle drawer, the fabric conditioner, is not drained during the wash and the wash is not fully drained of water at the end of the cycle, although there is no water in the drum itself at the end of the cycle.

I have cleaned the filter and found some stones in there, so they may have damaged something in the washing machine.

I am thinking I need to buy a new washing machine, but before I do, I would like to check if anyone has any knowledge of what the problem is and whether the stones inside the filter would have caused such damage?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back