Hotpoing Washing Machine Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I have a Hotpoint washing machine W561P. It's not very old, perhaps about 2 years.

I've noticed that over the last couple of weeks there is a small leak occurring at the end of the cycle.

There is a small puddle of water that is left at the front right hand side of the washing machine. I have taken the bottom front panel off to see if there is any blockage in the pipe but there doesn't seem to be anything. I've also checked the door seal and can't see any holes etc.

The leak seems to go through the washing machine itself as there is no leak on the outside - just a small puddle that ends up on my kitchen floor at the end of the cycle.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
The water can track from various areas and run around the chassis before you see it so it is not always an indication of where the leak is coming from.
Remove the lid and the back and shine a light in and see if you can see any water runs, then run it and see if you can spot where it is coming from.

Scrub the roof of the dispenser including the jets and lower the water presure.

Thanks very much for your replies.

rocks1 - I did as your suggestion and have done a load of washing today and so far so good, no water!!

Have my fingers crossed that was the problem as there was some powder clogged together!

Should've checked that before!!!

Thanks again!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back