washing machine broken

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I put a quilt in my washing machine, not knowing it contained feathers. The quilt burst durin the wash and the feathers came out and the machine stopped draining the water. After a couple more washers my machine now drains the water but water is leaking out of the drawer where fabric conditioner goes. How can i fix this?

Sponsored Links
poskitt2003 said:
I put a quilt in my washing machine, not knowing it contained feathers. The quilt burst durin the wash and the feathers came out and the machine stopped draining the water. After a couple more washers my machine now drains the water but water is leaking out of the drawer where fabric conditioner goes. How can i fix this?

Sounds to me that you've got feathers stuck all through your machine. Start by disconnecting the m/c from the inlet pipes and waste pipe and pull the m/c out so you can get to the top and back easily.

Pull out the drawer and remove all the feathers you can reach. Do the same with the waste filter.

Next remove the top and disconnect any pipework. Clear the pipes and refit.

With the top removed, remove the back panel. Remove, clear and replace any pipes you can see from the back.

Replace back and top and reposition m/c until you can reconnect the water pipes and waste pipe. Run m/c on a rinse cycle to remove what feathers you can from the tub.

Repeat all of the above until the m/c is clear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back