Homeboost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm on a shared supply (1930's semi) and despite my complaints to Yorkshire Water about low pressure when my neighbour is using the water supply they refuse to do anything about it. The have tested the flow rate which they say meets minimum requirements but the test was carried out when no one was in next door. The pipe that supplies my house is lead but they say they don't operate a lead pipe replacement scheme so thats not an option. The cost to have a new seperate mains feed to my property is around £2k including survey costs which I can't afford so that is out of the question but I have seen mains booster pumps advertised recently so hopefully that's an option. The shared supply goes to my neighbours house first, would a booster pump draw away pressure from them if fitted to my side or would it be ok.

Sponsored Links
The supply pipe can only deliver so much, governed by the incoming dynamic pressure and flow of the mains. What figures have the water transporter specified that the mains is supplying, they should be able to supply that? Have you taken readings of your own at full flow outlets? Obviously the mains pipe is woefully inadequate if there is a significant drop off when your neighbours is using the mains but if the dynamic mains pressure isn't suitable then it's a non starter.

A homeboost pump can affect how much water is available to either, depending on the supply, by how much is difficult to quantify in real terms. Can you and your neighbour not share the upgrade?

I fitted on 5 years ago, absolute godsend imho.

They are limited to 12lpm iirc (WRAS stipulation).

Ours is a Salamander Homeboost.

Well worth the money, we were in same situation as the whole street has dreadful water pressure.

Sponsored Links
I find it almost impossible to get any pump curves or method of limiting the flow to give a MAX flowrate of 12LPM, but found a nice bit of info on here re the Salamander TapBoost, in case anyone is under the impression that the flowrate can be booster BY 12LPM. Other pumps may work differently, if someone has a curve of the incoming flow/boosted flow for other pumps please provide a link.

1692341631293.png

Attachments

• Salmander TapBoost Installation Guide (Mar-22).pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 83

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back