Homelux Under-Tile Waterproof Matting

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi

Can someone tell me the difference between the wall and floor matting ?

I have the chance to buy some of each but only need wall matting and vendor doesn't have enough of that, so question is can I use the floor matting on wall without problems ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I believe the floor matting has a de-coupling property to cope with substrate movement so helping to avoid cracking. Not certain if that would make it un-safe to use on the wall with a heavy tile though.

Not much help but sure someone will know more.

jeff

As above,the floor membrane is made for floors only,stick to manufactures instructions you should be able to get shulter or durabase matting that do the same thing.The homelux is considered more diy product

@dilly

If it's a water-proof membrane then that's all that's needed which ever market it's for.

What makes Schluter more "professional" apart from the price ?

Sponsored Links
like i said its "considered" to be more for the diy market,no one i know uses it i am not saying it will not work like anything if a "pro system is installed incorrectly it will not work and vice versa.I personally have been sent samples of the matting and found it to thick and more awkward to apply than the other 2 systems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back