Homeserve boiler problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Equally, I suspect the guys you are getting may not be sharpest knives in the drawer- I said 'may not be' as there will be top notch guys there too

Do you know any top notch guys who work for Homeserve?

Top notch guys would expect to earn about £45k pa. Surely Homeserve dont pay that much?

Sponsored Links
Why does the Ferolli boiler come with a bucket?

Is it for the cheap installer to terminate the condensate?

How long does their 7 year warranty last for?

Sponsored Links
Why does the Ferolli boiler come with a bucket?

Is it for the cheap installer to terminate the condensate?

How long does their 7 year warranty last for?
Tony, your stand-up material is coming along nicely, I nearly laffed at that, nearly!
By the way, I spoke to your Agent Sol Goodman, we've arranged a couple of giggs for you in Glasgow. So bring along a hard hat & thick skin.

Yes and a few top notch guys with Bg (long servers,they are just staying for their pension).

Just because the grunts might be all thumbs, does not mean there will not be engineers who can effect repairs eyes shut, one hand tied behind their back

Praise where praise is due. I even praise the foot soldiers who lack the repair skills , more work for me as clients get to see the difference. By the way, not blowing my own trumpet (n)

Entry level they ask for the following
We are looking for people with the following qualifications and offer an industry leading reward package to attract the best in our field:

Essential
Min 3 years’ experience/qualification as a Repair Engineer of domestic systems
CCN1
CENWAT1
HTR1
CPA1

The salary is quoted on their current advert with bonus will be in that area. Still not much of a salary for a qualified person.

Min 3 years??!! FFS!! These course cowboys still couldn't put a nut in a chimps mouth after 3 years.

From their jobs vacancy list :-

Domestic Gas Engineer Service Operations £32,000, up to 40% bonus Fieldbased - National 30/04
Domestic Maintenance Plumber Service Operations £23,000 - £28,000, Up to 40% bonus Fieldbased - National

Those salaries are about what I expected.

If the gas engineer could achieve the maximum 40% then he could just reach the £45k. Most adverts saying "up to" are based on the one top earner!

But I wonder what he would need to do to get the max bonus!

When I mentioned that top guys would expect to earn £45k that was meant to mean a basic salary and not extras like working weekends and overtime. It might suit someone in their 20s with a big mortgage and young kids but someone in their 40s would probably like a more relaxed working life.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back