Homeserve boiler problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people actually have to earn money to feed their family Tony, not everyone collects a fat pension from a totally corrupt organisation that covers up child abuse and has no place in modern society.

Sponsored Links
If the gas engineer could achieve the maximum 40% then he could just reach the £45k. Most adverts saying "up to" are based on the one top earner!

But I wonder what he would need to do to get the max bonus!

When I mentioned that top guys would expect to earn £45k that was meant to mean a basic salary and not extras like working weekends and overtime. It might suit someone in their 20s with a big mortgage and young kids but someone in their 40s would probably like a more relaxed working life.
and tbh to earn top earning potential the employer advertises is normally pie in the sky , you might get it if you get on your knees and suck some c@ck but sadly its just what it is advertising . it seems from personal experience you should always take a couple of grand off their quoted top salary as its just to get you through the door in most cases , very few companies have been spot on thou

From their jobs vacancy list :-

Domestic Gas Engineer Service Operations £32,000, up to 40% bonus Fieldbased - National 30/04
Domestic Maintenance Plumber Service Operations £23,000 - £28,000, Up to 40% bonus Fieldbased - National

Those salaries are about what I expected.

If the gas engineer could achieve the maximum 40% then he could just reach the £45k. Most adverts saying "up to" are based on the one top earner!

But I wonder what he would need to do to get the max bonus!

When I mentioned that top guys would expect to earn £45k that was meant to mean a basic salary and not extras like working weekends and overtime. It might suit someone in their 20s with a big mortgage and young kids but someone in their 40s would probably like a more relaxed working life.

£45K??!!! you're having a laff Tony, I'd not get out of my bed for that!!

Sponsored Links
I have a trusted installer who did job for me 10 years ago. I'm thinking of choosing a Vokera 25KW Vision with 5-7 year warranty or a Main ECo elite 25Kw. The cost Vokera is £568 with flue and Main is £598 plus flue £69. Main has a 5 yr warranty. My installer said that Vokera will refuse claims as they make excuses that it wasnt installed properly etc and you'll end up with problems with boiler and warranty. Whereas the Main although more expensive will last more than 10 years. The 5 year warranty with Main will be honoured he says. The 2 year extra warranty and £100 cheaper is quite tempting.... what are your thoughts??. I still have to pay labour on top so is there any other boiler worth looking at.?

you mention warranty a lot,what do you expect from a warranty ?

I have a trusted installer who did job for me 10 years ago. I'm thinking of choosing a Vokera 25KW Vision with 5-7 year warranty or a Main ECo elite 25Kw. The cost Vokera is £568 with flue and Main is £598 plus flue £69. Main has a 5 yr warranty. My installer said that Vokera will refuse claims as they make excuses that it wasnt installed properly etc and you'll end up with problems with boiler and warranty. Whereas the Main although more expensive will last more than 10 years. The 5 year warranty with Main will be honoured he says. The 2 year extra warranty and £100 cheaper is quite tempting.... what are your thoughts??. I still have to pay labour on top so is there any other boiler worth looking at.?
he's talking shyte

he's talking shyte
Does anyone have any reservations against Vokera?? They have a 7 yr warranty and I have an installer who did last boiler with no installer issues.

No- Forget warranty. I think Main are a good boiler, for the price, based on using them as budget installs - else I'd also opt for an Intergas or ATAG.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back