Leaking boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a glowworm combi boiler installed sept 07, when i tried to turn it on earlier it didnt fire so i opened the cupboard to see that the pressure was 0.4bar and the minimum is 0.5 bar hence why it didnt turn on. I then noticed a damp patch below the boiler which i found was not a joint or pipr but was actually coming from inside the front left side of the boiler casing.

Just so i know does this sound like a warranty issue or poor installation?
I understand you probably wont be able to say with more details etc but at a guess what would you reckon?

Definately no leaks above boiler into casing or anything like that, its something inside the casing leaking.

I called the installer who said he'd get the warranty guy to call me, and am not going to touch it to investigate as it might void the warranty, but if the warranty guy comes and says, it was poorly installed etc would it be fair enough to get the installer back free of charge to sort it seeing it was only done 4 months ago?

Cheers for your help.

Sponsored Links
What type of boiler is this? Model?

Did the leak appear after you increased the pressure?

Bear with me on the questions not blaming you for fault but they are leading somewhere depending on what model of boiler you are talking about.

If its what i think it is then its a simple thing.

hey jon thanks for the reply.

It is a Glowworm flexicom 30cx combination boiler.

I have never touched it other than to turn down the dhw temp once two months ago.

It seems to have stopped now but i dont want to refill the system until i check with warrenty people.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Leaks from inside the boiler will usually be under warranty. Installers don't have to go in there to connect pipe work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back