Honda Jazz battery issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
been away so disconnected the battery, re-connected battery and dead, had to obtain a jump lead start all OK. Switched off engine and now it will not restart. Purchased a new charger and still will not start. Everything else working OK. A/C, blower, electric mirrors, radio, etc. But will not turn the engine over. The other thing that does not operate is the central locking.
Any suggestions please. I appreciate there have been loads of previous issues tasked but all the electrics are working, it's just the engine will not turnover and all the lights on the dashboard go out. Les100

Sponsored Links
I'd consider replacing the battery unless you'v already done so. ....it's not a good move to rely on a donor vehicle. There may also be a bank of heavy duty fuses near the battery which are worth checking.
John :)

If you've disconnected the battery , have you left one of the small leads off? ( assuming you have small leads)

Which generation (year) Jazz?
It's quiet possible that you have to go through a reset sequence when the battery is reconnected - certainly did with the accord I owned. Check in the service or hand book.
I'd start by disconnecting the battery again, check all the fuses OK, right values in the locations and fully home. Reconnect battery by connecting to the 'Hot' side of the battery first (+) and ensure all the various cables are connected to that side. Then connect the earth, preferably without to many, if any, sparks.
Then follow the reset sequence in the handbook.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately, Honda main agent; I think it's Hadfield road or Penarth road are not the most helpful people to raise issues with, likewise Honda Regional Head Office.

Would not purchase a Honda ever!

Because we are only here for a week now and then, I had a local garage give it the once over and they recommended not to do anything till next visit back to the UK and the have mimimum of a 3 year guaranteed replacement battery fitted and get the discs and pads replaced as they had became locked and because they were so rusty have now caused bad scratching. Thanks for everyone's help. Signing off, Les

Battery problems such as these manifest themselves on many cars, not just Honda......likewise the sticking brakes and pads.
For sure, the Jazz is dead easy to repair and service - despite it needing 8 spark plugs!
If you fit a new battery and plan to leave the car, consider fitting a mains timer to your battery charger which will switch a low charge on for maybe an hour daily.
John :)

Back