Honda or Hayter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to replace my honda 476.

Any views how good/bad with these mowers.

Honda HRH 536QX

Hayter Harrier 48 475a

Hayter 48 PRO

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You are certainly moving into the professional - and expensive - range of machinery here!
There will also be a significant price difference between the two.
Naturally I am biased towards the Honda, perfectly made and this model has a driveshaft rather than belt transmission. Being hydrostatic drive means a huge replacement bill if this item fails of course. It has a roto stop, like your last one.
Only speaking personally here but I have found that Hayter have fallen behind quality wise in the past but of course things can change........I didn't like the variable pulley speed system but again, this may no longer be current.

You may like to look at other makes, by Stihl Viking or John Deere for example - I notice these machines are popular with local authorities but of course this could be due to getting a good financial deal rather than longevity.
John :)

I have just bought a Honda 466 and I am very happy with it, I cut the lawn every 2-3 days just mulching the grass. The lawn looks 100% better.

Andy.

You are certainly moving into the professional - and expensive - range of machinery here!
There will also be a significant price difference between the two.
Naturally I am biased towards the Honda, perfectly made and this model has a driveshaft rather than belt transmission. Being hydrostatic drive means a huge replacement bill if this item fails of course. It has a roto stop, like your last one.
Only speaking personally here but I have found that Hayter have fallen behind quality wise in the past but of course things can change........I didn't like the variable pulley speed system but again, this may no longer be current.

You may like to look at other makes, by Stihl Viking or John Deere for example - I notice these machines are popular with local authorities but of course this could be due to getting a good financial deal rather than longevity.
You are right John Put the Honda badge on and it gets expensive.

Not in a rush as I have another mower to use will have a look at the Makers you suggest.

Thanks John

Sponsored Links
Only speaking personally here but I have found that Hayter have fallen behind quality wise in the past but of course things can change.......

I think it's Toro who now own Hayter.
Toro make decent professional kit, and cheaper domestic too.

Another brand to look at in the similar price bracket is kaaz. Very good professional quality, and honda engine too of course!

I think it's Toro who now own Hayter.
Toro make decent professional kit, and cheaper domestic too.

Another brand to look at in the similar price bracket is kaaz. Very good professional quality, and honda engine too of course!
thanks.

As don't have dealers nearby have sent for some Brochures will add these to the list, keeping an open mind till I have had a good look.

Is the hydrostatic a recent addition then John , ours are single speed and there doesn't seem enough room to shoehorn an hydraulic lump in there?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back