Honda umk 425 le Vs Tanaka TBC-2390

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im after some advise on the below petrol strimmers. If I was perfectly honest, I had no inclination to spend this amount of money on a strimmer/brushcutter and I could probably get away with a meaty electric one but after being very disappointed in a £50 electric wonder from Argos I'm going overboard. The mower is a 4 stroke and was given to me a few years ago which is 10 year old originally from focus diy. I've found it extremely handy rather than being corded.

The Tanaka is a 2 stroke which seems like a cracking machine with good reviews on HERE

but for an extra 50 quid, I could get a 4 stroke with an renowned honda engine and good scope for spares etc. Easier starting. I'm just using it for domestic use with the possibility of using it to volunteer once a year at my local village balsam bash.

Sponsored Links
It's the Honda every time for me.....reliable starting, even after a winter lay up, simple line rewinding and well balanced.
The machine comes with a harness, and being a brush cutter has a blade assembly with it. It's tough enough for others to use without breaking it too!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back