HONEYSUCKLE PLANT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a honeysuckle now for 3-4 yrs,but every year the leaves seem to turn moldy and drop,it comes back again,but the same happens,i had a few flowers on it last year but never lasted more than a few days.I did get some advice last year, that it may be greenfly and considering the fact it was infested,i put it down to that,but its clean this year,I dont want to rip it out and start again as it seems a waste of 4 yrs growth.

Any gardeners out there who can tell me what this is please.

Sponsored Links
I know this is not much help to you, but according to my RHS bible (which isn't always right) the only pests and diseases that honeysuckle suffers from is ... aphids (green/blackfly)!
So sorry mate, I can't really help you (is it against a fence ? does your neighbour re-treat said fence every year ?)

The problem is midew/fungus on the leaves.bought a spray hope it works.

I have quite a few honeysuckle plants. A number of them seemed to suffer this year on year. I think you'll find it is mildew and you'll need to spray every couple of weeks to start off with before it clears up. Mind you, I found that once it had got in most of the leaves fell off and the plant looked pretty naff anyway.

In the end I pulled up all those that were susceptible to it - the rest have been fine.

Sponsored Links
Bio fungus fighter seems to have done the trick,no leaves lost since spaying it,nor have i lost any buds (got more flowers on it now than i have ever seen) :D

The only problem I get with my honeysuckles is large aphids.
They are much bigger than the greenfly see on roses.
I am forced to spray with a systemic insecticide as they eat the plans before the natural predator population arrives (ladybirds).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back