Honeywell 907 switching heating on and off every few minutes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping someone can help me.
Just replaced old thermostat with Honeywell. When the room is at the required temperature the Honeywell is causing the boiler to fire for about a minute then switch off again, only to turn on again 5-10 minutes later. Is there any way to stop this, or would it indicate a problem with the system?

The boiler in a Worcester green star ri - approx 5 years old.

Sponsored Links
It is doing its thing. It is called TPi.

Worry more about your comfort levels rather than the internal goings on on the heating system.

This is most likely TPI control, firing the boiler for short periods over it's programmed on time to try to match the boiler's output with the required heat load. It's an energy saving feature and cannot be disabled on this model. Someone jump in and correct me if I'm wrong please :mrgreen:
Dan beat me to it :)

You can adjust various parts of it, but unless it is an oil boiler, there is little point unless you know how to make some pretty involved changes to the boiler parameters as well.

Sponsored Links
you can alter the settings form minimum on time of 1 min up to a max of 5 mins.

you can also alter the number of cycles per hour from between 3 to 12.

normal settings for gas boilers are 1 min on with 6 cycles.

if you have 2 port valves on the system rather than 3 port then it is often best to change to 3 mins on with 6 cycles or 3 cycles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back