Honeywell Accenta alarm will not set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help as this problem is driving me nuts!

I've had a Honewell Accenta alarm system with 6 zones installed for the past 4 years. Recently I had a loft conversion done that meant one zone (a fire zone) had to be moved. At the same time I have replaced the external siren as the PCB board was faulty (in the middle of the night it would let out little squeals!!).

The alarm powers up and is stable but none of the PIR lights activate when I walk past them.
When I try to do a Walk Test all zones are shown as being in fault (they show up as 1).
The alarm will not set as all zones are shown as locked out (1).
There is no tamper fault.

Any ideas what the problem could be? I've tried replaced the siren with the original one, but no joy. The fire zone that was moved has a jumper across the security zone on the board (the blue and yellow wires), all other wires for this zone are still wired in and I'm reluctant to fish them out! Zones 6 & 8 also have jumpers across the security zones in the board although there are no other wires on these zones.

Any suggestions? I get the feeling all zones being in fault is trying to tell me something... but I dont know what!!!

Sponsored Links
Sound like you blown aux fuse. Check glass fuses in the panel

....... and replace the fuse with like for like, don't, increase or decrease the fuse value.

Sponsored Links
Awesome thank you. I had checked the fuses but on closer inspections one had blown. I ordered a replacement and all is dreamy.

Thanks again.

might want to make sure the system isn't shorted or youll just blow another fuse

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back