Honeywell Accenta G4 Compatible with Ademco 983 iner sensors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought a replacement Panel to replace old one which I previous owner installed. "Had no way to change code"

I have many sensors on windows which still work well. I must have about least 30 sensors (on 4 wire cable)

Will these sensors work with this panel as I am not being successful so far. The old panel had additional circuit boards.
Do I need to configure in a special way or purchase additional equipment

Sponsored Links
You from the sound of it have a ID system, is there a small "chip" in the detectors or in a junction box near them?
With 3 wires red blue and white.
If so you need a ID panel.

What was the old panel, might be easier to actually get the codes changed.
Was it a Castle or a Menvier?

There was no name on old panel so very difficult to identify. Panel was acting up and proved fault was to Panel hence need a new panel

Well if you have 30 devices you have a ID panel.

You need a Texecom or Castle of a Menvier panel ( thats if Menvier still do one!)

Sponsored Links
the other board within the old panel, was it connected to the initia sensors?

if so it could be the analiser board

if you dont have that in place the sensors will not work

but again you could have an ID biscuit system as is posted above, (hate em with a passion!!)

Oasis

the ademco 983 is an inertia crossbar sensor(most basic) and will need an analyzer board if you have thrown away the old one, you can still get hold of an aritech single or double analyzer board from adi . GS614/15/17

the ademco 983 is an inertia crossbar sensor(most basic) and will need an analyzer board if you have thrown away the old one, you can still get hold of an aritech single or double analyzer board from adi . GS614/15/17
I think you meant that the 980 & 981 are the most basic, the 983, the crossbar sensor is the 2nd generation of inertia detector, otherwise you are correct.

Ahhh the inertias.
Those puppies.

As said you need an analayser, or change the baskets.
Not going to give you zone descriptors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back