Honeywell Accenta Mini Gen4 Wired Alarm Control Unit

SMG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, My Galaxy G16+ has been giving me problems for too long now, & I have decided to replace it with a Honeywell Accenta G4. My question is, will my existing ADT alarm/strobe work with the new alarm?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I was just wondering….Is it the alarm panel that dictates how the LEDs in the bell box flash or are they set to flash in a particular way on the box itself?

Or is the panel just supplying power?

I don’t want them to flash differently to how they should be on an adt box.
Thankyou.

Sponsored Links
Different bell box LED's can mean different things. Eg some flash to indicate a tamper fault on that bell box, some are just comfort LED.

Different bell box LED's can mean different things. Eg some flash to indicate a tamper fault on that bell box, some are just comfort LED.

Thankyou.
I know what you mean about different states of flashing. I just wondered if the flashing circuits are in the box or done by the panel.
For example if I have an ADT box that flashed comfort LEDs but when hooked up to a new different panel then the panel makes the lights flash differently then it would look wrong.

Hopefully that makes sense? Sorry I’m not describing very well.

LED's will flash dependent on manufacturer, you are connecting a 12 volt power source to that bell box via a alarm control panel.

Thankyou. That is what I thought as when connected to just a battery it flashes in normal comfort mode.

Good to know the panel only sends power.

The control panel will send bell trigger, strobe trigger and tamper ,if control panel is connected to the bell box correctly.
Just connecting power will make the LED's flash only.
What are you wanting to do with this bell box?
Are you installing new alarm system or just want LED's to flash?

The plan is to install a new alarm panel.
I just wanted to make sure it flashes as normal and not differently as would look odd if it didn’t flash as ADT boxes are supposed to since it’s ADT boxes on the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back