Honeywell alarm - 1 "zone" for 2 detectors - how to change this.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I inherited a Honeywell Galaxy 2 system when we moved into the house. The detector in the lounge has given us a false alarm a few times and recently, during decorating a moved the wire which seems to have shown a loose connection (could explain the previous false alarms). The red light comes on to show it has detected movement however it either flicks on/off or gives a faint light at times.
I have a few questions -

1. How easy is it to find the loose connection for a fairly amature DIY'er & is it easy to fix?
2. (And possibly more importantly) - The lounge and conservatory detectors have been programmed together (there's a detector in the lounge and in the conservatory which operate individually but it shows up on the system as "lounge & conservatory". I'm happy not to fix the lounge one and just get rid of this as long as the conservatory one is working and programmed. Can I change this to only use the conservatory?
3. Lastly - if all else fails, is there a way to disconnect the lounge one physically in a way which won't give an error?

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Can’t comment on your ability.

The zone is shared, by the sounds of things and it could be separated but need pictures of wiring at both pirs and at the panel.

If your touching the unit and it’s alarming when disarmed then the tamper is triggering.

So if the wires to the unit are secure, fixed to wall properly and lids on properly should be good, if the cable is damaged further back then you may struggle to fix unless you can find the cable damage and can access it to replace cable section.

If you have spare cores that also may be an option.

So when I set the alarm it says "lounge and conservatory open" - even when its not. If that helps.
Can’t comment on your ability.

The zone is shared, by the sounds of things and it could be separated but need pictures of wiring at both pirs and at the panel.

If your touching the unit and it’s alarming when disarmed then the tamper is triggering.

So if the wires to the unit are secure, fixed to wall properly and lids on properly should be good, if the cable is damaged further back then you may struggle to fix unless you can find the cable damage and can access it to replace cable section.

If you have spare cores that also may be an option.
O

Sponsored Links
Sounds power related? Or damaged cable.
To fault find you need certain knowledge and a multimeter to start with.
Galaxy control panel is not your basic system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back