Galaxy 2-20 PIR - how to change batteries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Honeywell Galaxy 2-20 with wireless PIRs. Two of the sensors have just started showing 'RF LOW BAT' each time I set or unset the alarm. I don't want to pay for a call out to get the batteries changed as this should really be a home fix, but I don't know how to change the batteries without setting off the tamper alert. I have the engineer code. Can anyone please help or is there a manual I can refer to? The User Guide I have makes no mention of batteries or wireless PIRs.

Thanks

Chris

Sponsored Links
I'm not an alarm expert so I'm not familiar with every single setting but I installed mine and have a fair understanding of it.

Entering engineer mode disables the tampers, thus allowing you to change your batteries, then exit engineer mode to restore the system.

To enter engineer mode dial your 6 digit engineer code and press ENT, the screen will say ALERT CODE, then repeat 6 digit code and ENT, the display should say ENGINEER MODE.

To exit engineer mode dial your 6 digit engineer code and press ESC. The display will say CHECKING TAMPERS, then SYSTEM MODULES WAS 04 NOW 04 (maybe yours will differ slightly).

If this doesn't get you into engineer mode then your system has LEVEL 3 ACCESS enabled. This is an option whereby a normal user needs to authorise entry for an engineer code. I don't have this enabled on my system so I'm not familiar with what the screen might say, but if it asks you for a user code to proceed then obviously enter it.

If you need to change the LEVEL 3 ACCESS it's MENU 48. To access MENU 48 dial your 4 digit user code and press ENT, wait on the screen to show 10 SETTING, then dial 48 (LVL 3 ACCESS) and press ENT. Set this to 0 DISABLED by using the A or B buttons, then press ENT to accept the change. Then EXIT and EXIT back to your usual display, then try entering engineer mode again as explained earlier.

Here's a link to a manual...

http://www.strathand.com/cdata/24498/docs/1758647_2.pdf

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back